Through the appeals process, an opportunity is provided to all candidates to appeal any decision made by CMA Ontario. Appeals include all transcript evaluation assessments as well as eligibility for the CPA PREP modules, and Practical Experience.
The appeals process allows the candidate to express their case in writing, and provide any applicable supporting documentation for consideration.
To go through the formal appeal process, the following documentation must be included with the appeal:
- CMA Ontario appeal coversheet which is available here.
- Written reason for appeal request (communicated in 200 words or less)
- A listing of the specific CMA and CPA PREP pre-requisites being appealed as well as a listing of the corresponding courses that the candidate has completed as part of their academics.
- A new copy of any applicable transcript(s)
- Any applicable supporting documentation for your case
Items 1 – 4 must be submitted for the appeal to be processed. Appeals will be reviewed and a decision will be returned to the candidate in writing within 15 to 20 business days.
If the candidate is not satisfied with an unfavourable appeal decision, any next steps available to the candidate will be included in the communication of decision.