Explore the Benefits and Resources Available to Ambassadors
MAP to Success Mentors
MAP to Success is CPA Ontario’s mentorship program for post-secondary students.
MAP to Success is CPA Ontario’s mentorship program for post-secondary students.CPA mentors from various industries, backgrounds and regions have been selected to lead and advise sixty post-secondary ambassadors in two sessions:
- 30 students in October 2017 – April 2018
- 30 students in February 2018 - August 2018
Selected mentees will set a goal focused on developing a professional skill or ability. Mentors will support their mentee throughout the goal setting process and will be providing feedback and coaching along the way.
Each selected mentee will receive the following benefits from their CPA mentor:
- One-on-one coaching
- Resume and cover letter critique
- Mock Interview, feedback and a discussion on common hiring processes
- Office tour (workplace permitting)
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development
To be considered for the MAP to Success program, applicants must:
- Be an ambassador
- Be interested in pursuing the CPA designation
- Be a full or part-time post-secondary student
- Maintain a minimum 65% average
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest. Applications are now closed. Selected applicants will be contacted in February.
CPA Ontario is excited to announce a few of the 2017-2018 MAP to Success mentors
- Adam Scorcia - Director of Finance, Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd., Alliston
- Bial Surahyo - Principal, Sleep Country Canada, Mississauga
- Bill Kennedy - Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, Energized Accounting, Toronto
- Chantal Gabriele - Senior Manager, SOX Compliance, Liberty Utilities Canada Corp., Mississauga
- Ian Murphy - Partner, CKDM LLP, Cornwall
- Isaac Salameh - Finance Systems & Project Management Consultant, Centennial College, Mississauga
- Laura White - Chief Financial Officer, Performance Realty/Integrytiy Financing, Ottawa
- Lucy Ingratta - National Manager Freight & Customs, Emco Corporation, London
- Lucy Ma - Manager of Finantial Reporting and Tax Compliance, BridgeGreen Capital Inc., Ottawa
- Philip Maguire - Founder, Glenidan Consultancy and Executive Mentors, Toronto
- Sagar Kulkarni - Director IT Service Management, Shared Services Canada, Ottawa
CPA Connects - Connect with an Experienced CPA!
Ambassadors are eligible to win a one-on-one meeting with one of 20 CPAs to discuss career growth, professional experience and the pathway to the CPA designation.
Beginning this September, two ambassadors from across the province will be chosen each month and matched with an experienced CPA for an hour of conversation, advice and inspiration.
To apply, check your email! Every month, ambassadors will be sent a trivia question. Answer the question correctly and you will be entered in a random draw for a CPA Connects opportunity.
The Board of Ambassadors
The CPA Ontario Board of Ambassadors (BoA) acts as an advisory and advocacy group for the CPA profession and is comprised of ambassadors from across Ontario. Participating as a board member requires professionalism, leadership and initiative. Learn More about the Board of Ambassadors
Launch Your Future
Are you a graduating student, and ready to launch your future? On May 4th, CPA Ontario’s Launch Your Future Conference can help you pursue a career as a CPA. Connect with employers, learn about what the CPA program is really like and more. Registration open until April 23. Learn more.
LEAD to Succeed
LEAD to Succeed is a new, non-traditional regional competition with a focus on leadership and ethical decision making. Learn more.
Chartered for Finance
Chartered for Finance (CFF) is CPA Ontario’s prestigious conference for post-secondary students interested in pursuing a career in business and finance. Learn more.
Impact Conference is CPA Ontario's exclusive leadership conference for students passionate about creating positive social change. Learn more.
New Venture Challenge
Think strategically to answer the New Venture Challenge, an entrepreneurial online case competition for post-secondary students. Learn more.
Ambassadors have exclusive access to three webinar series designed to provide guidance, inspiration and insight. To view an archived webinar, log in.
Professional Development Series
Enhance your soft skills with these tailored webinars designed to give you a head start in preparing for your career.
- Personal Branding - September 25, 2017
Get tips on building and maintaining your personal brand. This webinar also talks about the importance of first impressions and managing perceptions. Login to the PSAP portal to see a recording of this webinar.
- Leveraging LinkedIn - January 25, 2018
LinkedIn is the professional world’s Facebook where employers and peers can follow you and your professional achievements. Make the most of your personal brand with the guidelines and tips provided in this webinar. Register
- Communication Style - May 22, 2018
Maximize your communication skills to further enhance your personal brand. This webinar begins with a short quiz to help you determine your communication style, followed by guidelines for managing the strengths and weaknesses of each style.
CPA Program - Subject Matter Experts Series
- Professional Experience - November 22, 2017
This webinar will provide first-hand information about the professional experience requirement of the CPA certification program, including an overview, processes and best practices.
- The CPA PEP - March 22, 2018
Join the CPA Ontario experts to learn more about the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP), and preparatory courses. This webinar will provide an overview of the education portion of the CPA program and provide tips and best practices.
- Benefits of Being a CPA - July 25, 2018
The path to the CPA designation is challenging – and rewarding. Watch this webinar to learn about the benefits and resources available to members of the profession.
Road to the CPA Series
Are you interested in learning more about the road to the CPA designation? This series provides insight into the academic and professional experiences of three CPAs at different points in their careers.
Oct 25, 2017 – Kevin McLeod, Manager, Assurance, Banking & Capital Markets at PWC
Feb 22, 2018 – Shad Washington, Senior Consultant Organization, Vena Solutions
June 25, 2018 – Alice Choi – Finance Manager, Fidelity investments
Destination CPA - En Route to the Designation
Ambassadors are eligible for partial travel reimbursement when travelling to CPA Ontario events. Restrictions apply. To learn more, contact email@example.com