CPA Ontario offers two career assessment tools. See below for further information, or send us an email.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Assessment Package
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a short, self-report questionnaire used to measure and describe people’s preferences for how they like to get information, make decisions and orient their lives.
Designed to make Carl Jung’s theory of psychological types understandable and useful in everyday life, the MBTI instrument provides a versatile measure of personality that looks at eight personality preferences people use at different times. The current MBTI tool is the most widely used instrument for understanding individual personality differences.
We also provide group assessment and debrief packages to help raise performance and have a better understanding of team dynamics, communication styles, conflict-handling and problem-solving techniques with this fast, effective team-building exercises.
Career Insight is a professional behaviour-based career planning and performance development tool created in partnership with CPA Ontario and SuccessFinder. Considered by many to be one of the world’s finest career assessment tools, SuccessFinder was built after more than 40 years of research to predict the likelihood for an individual to have exceptional performance aligned with their career interest and satisfaction. SuccessFinder is an excellent tool for planning one’s short-and long-term career advancement goals with focus on performance development.
Career Insight uses the foundational analysis of SuccessFinder across your career continuum. Depending on your strategic career position, SuccessFinder is used to highlight the strength of your behavioural based performance competencies, development opportunities and elevate your potential to reach your career performance goals.
- Phase 1 CareerNav: Start your career off on the right foot
- Phase 2 CareerAdvance: Build your momentum
- Phase 3 CareerEdge: Maintain your career edge
- Phase 4 CareerSmarts: Invest your time and talent well
A pioneer in talent and success metrics, the SuccessFinder is underpinned with statistical validation with more than 40,000 individuals.
This assessment is matched with two career consultations designed to provide analysis of results and help plan the way for your future. SuccessFinder assessments are bench-marked against the following traits:
- 85 behavioural traits grouped by problem solving, work habits, motivational factors, self-assessment, human relations, coping strategies, lifestyle priorities and vocational incentives
- 35 career themes grouped by business clusters (7 professions), people clusters (6 professions), expressive cluster (4 professions), investigative cluster (5 professions), services cluster (8 professions) and trades clusters (5 professions)
- 2,800+ benchmark occupational titles aligned to the 35 career themes
- 29 behaviour leadership competencies grouped by competencies that enhance relationships, solutions, productivity, motivation, personal success and three secondary competencies — connect with customer, identify and develop talent and demonstrate empathic inclusion.